During my time off I am usually stumbling around for works that I find interesting or artist that have the same interest as I do to see whats already out there. On my spare time I too do a blog, one that I just started that I have not really had a lot of time to work on but plan on making it a part of my daily routine. Today while working on our final I stumbled across an article that had this artist work, Amy V. Grimm's work. The color and the intense repetition drew me in because that is what I currently work with in my art.
Copyright ©2011 ART LIES
"Multiplicity successfully exposes how these particular artists use repetition as a device while employing ceramicsa medium often thought of as part of the craft worldin a contemporary context. The ten works on display generate interesting symmetry in what is overall a rather asymmetrical installation."
Here is the article if you would like to read more about it!
Kar,
ReplyDeleteJust to clarify, Amy Grimm is the author of the article. The image is of a piece by Bean Finneran, called Red Core.
And I went edited your post to put in the proper link and photo. Pardon my meddling.
Mark A.
in this zone of artists that deal with displaying repetitious sculpture, I like to compare existing works against one another as well. The chosen scale of these pieces speak about the importance and subject matter. Most emotion is drawn from the lighting when it some to these forms because it gives the artist a chance to make the viewer scope in on one section or part over another. Taking the negative space, in light, in and through a piece draws attention to how the sculpture is read by the viewer. I think of "The Spiral Jetty" as a part of outdoor, massive, temporary installations with organic materials. Great potential, lasting impression.
ReplyDelete-Paul